Monday, June 14, 2010

Having Faith

I don't ever really talk about spiritual things on my blog, I don't know why. I guess I just don't, but I had a good experience last week I thought I would share.


Ok so you know Kevin works at pizza hut and goes to school, and does side jobs when he can. I work at a day care. Well Kev's been trying so hard to find a job in his field or do something that can give him 40 hours. He looks up and applies almost everyday for something. He gets emails back that just say they have chosen someone else. I know how hard this is on him. I would hate to get email after email saying that to me. I would get really discourage. Kevin he doesn't, he just hangs in there and knows something will come of it. Something will happen. Last week I only worked a few days, as some of our kids don't come in the summer so it makes it less kids. I started to think about money, bills, food, the new baby, how are we going to pay for things if Kevin can't get 40 hours and I only work 3 days a week. So on Thursday when I didn't go to work, I stayed home, cooked dinner and just did things I had to catch up on. It felt good to get things done. I made cookies for a friend who had a baby. I got to read in my book. The best part was I spent the whole day with Kanyon. She loved it. She really needed mommy time. I was sad though that I didn't work. So I went to bed sad and running numbers in my head about how we can get by. I felt a peace come over me, and it was like everything will work out, don't stress about it. We pay our tithing and we will be blessed in some way something will happen.


Friday morning I woke up and had another day off, I was just like ok, that's fine. Kanyon and I spent another day together watching the rain, we started pottie training her, and she did really good. I saw a friend walk by and I stopped her, we talked for a bit. I told her about Kevin not getting 40 hours, and me only working a few days. She said she has been there before in her life, she knows what it's like. We talk about how can I keep from getting discourage. She said have faith. Faith it the only thing I can have without spending money. She gave me some good ideas to cut back on spending, I am cooking more, I even sowed something in stead of buying something new. I am finding things that need to be done instead of shopping, or going somewhere and we can save our money. She also told me that this is a lesson for Kevin and I. It's helping us be strong for one another and help encourage us to keep moving forward. (that's how I took the talk) We talked about blessings and tithing, she has such great faith and knows everything will be ok. I think her faith is starting to rub off on me, because I have not been thinking about bills, or any problems sense we talked. The lord knows where we stand, and he will help us along the way. I can only leave it up to him. As well as do my best and do my part. The lord wont shut the door on our family. He just wont. I now have faith in that.


So Saturday I got up and drove to Butte Montana to drop off my little brother to stay at Rashelle's for about 3 weeks. I was with my mom and we were driving and talking about how life is funny, and sometimes doesn't work out the way you had thought it would. I know from things she has told me that when her and my dad got married he worked at a little gas station and she was home with the children. Granted that was 31 years ago and yes times are different now, but her and my dad never gave up, they always had faith and new things would work out for the best. Well she was right, 9 kids later and my dad has a good job and it's not at a gas station. I thought about that. I thought well I guess Kevin and I are doing good. We do both have jobs and we work hard for our living. I think I just needed a little boost from my mom and talking to her really helped.


Sunday I came home and I saw Kevin and how much he did in the yard and how he was trying to get his homework done, and then we talked about work. He said he did end up getting 40 hours this past week, he went in for people and went in when it got busy. It was like there you go Kim there is a answer to your prayers. The lord was looking out for us. He was able to work 40 hours, not that it will happen every week. I was thankful for his boss having him come in and help, I was thankful for him willing to go in. I know don't see him much when he works late hours, but it's worth it in the end. I went to bed grateful he worked his 40 hours, I have a job, I cooked and fixed things with out spending to much money. I tried really hard to make it work and I think I did ok.
So anyways I just felt at peace at times when I was getting down. I have to trust the Lord and Kevin when he says something will happen. The timing is not right yet. Pizza hut needs him longer then he wants to be there. It will happen and when Kevin does get a better job we are for sure going out to a nice DINNER.

3 comments:

  1. I just love you! *tears* You are stronger than you think! Just listen to yourself! :) You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an optimistic person. Things will work out. I know we were really worried when we first got married and then got pregnant right away and Scott had a very unstable job. Now he has a job he loves, and is very stable. Hang in there it will so be worth it when you can look back at the sacrifices you have made so that Kevin can get the schooling he needs to be able to have a job that he is good at and that he loves, and that will provide sufficiently for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to have a good attitude. I agree that if we have Faith in Heavenly Father, things will work out. That's our test; stay positive and know if you ever need to talk, I'm here for you. You're such a good woman Kim. I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete