Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cooking!

So I never use my crock pot, so today I was in the mood for some chicken. On my blog list is a girl who cooks with her crock pot everyday, so I looked up chicken and found this, I was a little nervous about making something new, but I went for it. I really liked it. Kevin liked it too. So this was a plus. I think next time I can add some more seasoning though, but ya it was yummy! Here is the recipe!
If you want more great ideas go to
www.365daysofcrockpot.com
or or you can find it under my blog list! she comes up with some of the best stuff.


4 bone-in chicken thighs
Garlic salt
1/4 cup Shirley J Universal Sauce
1 cup water
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 T Shirley J Pizza and Pasta Seasoning Mix
1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, drained

Place the chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. In a skillet over medium-low heat, whisk the water and Shirley J Universal Sauce. Bring to a slow boil and simmer for about 7 minutes. Add the tomato sauce, paste, seasoning mix, and mushrooms to the skillet. Stir. Pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours. Serve over hot cooked spaghetti with Parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! And is that texas toast I see? My mouth is starting to water.. lol Love ya woman!!

    ReplyDelete