Thursday, September 16, 2010

2 weeks!

Kallie is now 2 weeks old. Things have been really good for us. The adjustment has been ok, Kanyon at first was not so sure about her. She kept taking her clothes out and putting them on the floor. She has done a lot better now. Kallie is doing great, she sleeps really well and eats good. She is more alert now and knows when her mommy has her. She really has been so much fun. We went to the doctor's office today and she is at 5 pounds 15 ounces. Still kinda small, trying to get back to her birth weight. They told me to wake her and feed her every 2 hours. I have done that today and she doesn't want to eat. I am going to do what I want, she seems to eat more when it's like every 3 hours. I am her mother and I feel like that is best. I think the one reason why she is smaller, is I got a breast infection at the first of this week, so that kinda slowed things down as well. Now that it is getting better she is eating very well.
Our lives are for sure more busy then ever. I do enjoy it so much though. Having 2 girls is so much fun. Thank you for all the support everyone has giving to us. Kevin and I are very lucky to have two beautiful daughters.

2 comments:

  1. COngrats again! And just keep doing what you feel like she needs :) You ARE her mommy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so gorgeous!!!! You are doing such a good job with her and doing whatever you can to feed her and keep her healthy. I am in awe at how well you are doing. I couldn't be as strong. But you're right. You are her mother and NOBODY knows what your baby needs more than your instincts. Trust them

    ReplyDelete